Sunday, September 19, 2010

Leadership Portfolio

CeDarian Crawford
205-383-9619
cedarian.crawford@gmail.com

Within the Entertainment Business Masters Program at Full Sail University, one of the requirements for graduation was to complete a leadership portfolio. This portfolio is designed to highlight some of the lessons that I have learned while attending Full Sail University. From volunteer work, to conducting interviews. Each of these activities have helped to mold me into the leader and business owner that I am today. As you ready my leadership portfolio, allow the lessons that I have learned to give you a concrete accurate idea of the things I have learned that will help me to become a positive force within my companies community.

Activity 1- Executive Leadership
During the Breast Cancer walk, I was assigned to a booth where breast cancer victims could come and receive prizes for beating breast cancer according to the number of years they were survivors.
While being apart of this activity, I learned how important it is to not "judge a book by its cover." Although each and every person who came to the booth seemed healthy and problem free, the truth of the matter was that each of them had their own stories to tell.

Activity 2 PTM- Bridges of Light Foundation
This month's leadership activity involved teaming up with a local non-profit organization and helping them improve their company in some way. For the Bridges of Light Foundation, our team decided to help with their logo development. Although we felt as though we were well capable of helpin
g the organization, they did not agree with our position. Consequently, the design the we developed was never considered for the company.
After spending a month working on such a project, it did becoming frustrating having learned that our design would not be used. However, what I learned from this experience was two fold. First, I learned that as a leader, not everyone will be willing to see the potential for growth that I may have. Although we considered ourselves to be very capable in our design ability, our client did not. Secondly, I learned that one of the most important elements of being an effective leader is being able to take no without questioning ones known ability.

Their Design




Our Design


Activity 3 BSBD- Turning Point Story
We were asked to tell our turning point story. The turning point story is what helps to shape our drive as business owners.

Through the turning point story, I learned what it is about me that helps to keep me motivated. As a leader, this is important because there can become a time when a person begins to question the choices they have made. Through the turning point story, I will be able to maintain the motivation that sparked my interest in becoming a business owner from the beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment